Tuesday, July 26, 2011

San Diego Con 2011 wrap up

First I want to say a sincere and heartfelt thank you to Fae Desmond,David Glanzer, Janet Goggins, Gary Sassaman, Wendy Wu, the board of directors and everyone connected to Comic Con International for hosting myself and my family this past week. You all treated me well and frankly I'm a bit spoiled now. LOL
Secondly, Thank you to all of the fans who came by my table in Artist Alley and to my spotlight panel: While ar my panel I was stunned and left practically speechless when I was presented with an Inkpot Award. I'm truly humbled by this honor, so again, Thank you.
updated with photo by R.R. Werner  (thank you!)


Okay, The last thing before I go is that a few of you asked about getting a copy of the new sketchbook. 

Yes, they are available for sale. You can order them from me here.




$15.00 plus 3.00 for domestic shipping in the United States.

2 comments:

  1. Well Deserved, Sir, Well deserved indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jamal, and it was good to see you on the West Coast.

    I took some photos of you getting your Inkpot Award. You can find them here and grab them for your archives or blog if you like....

    https://picasaweb.google.com/atomic99/SanDiegoComicCon2011

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
One of the most popular and prolific pencillers in the comic book industry, Jamal Igle is an award winning artist and writer. Best known for his run on Supergirl with writer Sterling Gates, Jamal has been a professional jack of all trades for nearly 20 years, drawing every title from Action Comics to Zatanna for DC Comics. A former comics retailer, Editor for several small press companies including TV Comics, Airwave Comics and Destination Entertainment. Former Junior Art Director and Marketing rep in the Advertising and publishing arenas. Jamal's clients include Marvel Comics, image Comics, Dark Angel productions/ Simmons and Company, Devil's Due Studios, Crusade Entertainment, Walt Disney inc., Sony Television, CBS Television and Scholastic Entertainment. Jamal has also worked as a conceptional artist for the Toy and gaming industries as well as film and television. Jamal is married to his beautiful, and much smarter wife Karine.They're also the proud parents of an extremely cute child named Catherine and a Cat named Loustique